Saturday, May 13, 2006

birdie chapter two


Work No Longer in Progress
Originally uploaded by relentlesstoil.
Mama thought it would just be best of we sat around the porch all day and kept away from the lot. Ernest must of told her about what we found there. He must have just gone right ahead and told even though we pinkie promised and everything.

When Ernest came down he wouldn't share his lemonade. "Birdie, you don't get no lemonade from Mama today. I told her what we found," he told me.

"You are a mean jean, Ernest Jonston. And I don't want lemonade anyway."

"Have it your way, Dirty Birdie." He sipped it. "Hmmmm....this sure is good. Man, I think I'm gonna go get some more."

"Look here, Ernest Jonston! You broke our pinkie promise and told and you weren't s'posed to or nothing. God is gonna put you in Hell for that. God puts people in hell for breaking a pinkie promise. I hate you!"

"Pinkie promises are for little girls. Anyway, I had to tell. When you get to middle school things get more important. You won't understand that kind of stuff." He looked all over the porch. "God won't send me to hell. Mama said so. The man who did that in the lot is going to hell, Mama said. Sure as she was born."


written as per request

1 Comments:

Blogger Relentless Toil said...

Now I am going to have to put "Draw 'God puts people in Hell for breaking a pinkie promise'" on the to-do list.

May 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home